Saturday, September 27, 2008

Black Marker

To every mom, a permanent black marker means trouble! And it ALWAYS is!!

We had a unique opportunity, as a church, to write on the floors of the new children's building. It was exciting and a bit emotional to think how many lives will be changed and impacted from this new facility. For those non-CCVers, the kids are bursting from the current buildings or should I say tents. I started serving in the 2 year olds last year and have since graduated with Cutie to the 3s. Needless to say, the partitions that separate each classroom in the "Big Tent " are NOT sound proof so the noise level is somewhat distracting. As a teacher, I have given into the sound issue and have the kids recite our memory verse first whispering it and lastly SCREAMING it! The kids love it and other classrooms also participate in the scripture SCREAMING wars which I will miss! Obviously we need more classrooms and room to play. So as a family we went into each of our girl's classrooms and wrote the following scriptures on the floors:

In Cuties's class: "Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are His children." Ephesians 5:1 My prayer is that the children that come to CCV will be strong imitators of God and impact this community and world.

In Sweetie's class: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and will all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5 I pray that these children love God with all that is in them. I am glad that we have a church that Sweetie loves to go to and always wants to bring friends.

So each of us had a permanent black marker and BIG surprise, Andy and I got distracted talking to friends out in the entrance of the building. My attention is grabbed when I hear Sweetie correcting her sister so I look down to find Cutie using her PERMANENT marker on the cement sidewalk! She didn't see the difference of writing on the building's floor, which would be eventually covered with carpet, and the outside sidewalk! Who's kid is that? What kind of parent isn't watching them and why didn't they take the marker away earlier? All of the questions lead to...ME!!!!!!

No comments: