Friday, September 26, 2008

We got BOOed!


I love fall because it is the beginning of fun festivities. We arrived home tonight and noticed something on the front porch bench. So the girls ran to see what it was, Belle was suspicious and wondered if we had gotten booed. To their delight there was a beautiful basket filled with tons of fun treats and goodies with a sign that read "You've been booooed! The girls poured over the basket, even though it was very late! It felt like Christmas to them! So we opened everything and both girls went to bed with Halloween flashlights and glow bracelets. So much fun!!! As I was praying with Cutie, she wanted to pray that we would get more baskets! She also said, "I think that basket came from a neighbor, someone who really cares for us!" It's good to feel loved, thank you for whoever blessed us with a basket brimming over! Now we get to go out and pay it forward! The funny part was that we had just gotten home from going to Party City to buy Halloween supplies for our Halloween party on the 31st. I know, I'm a little early, Andy was picking on me about that tonight. He was joking around and said, "My wife, the planner, you probably already have my birthday present bought (his birthday is in January) for 2010!" The reason I went tonight was because I went to the foot Dr. today for a pre-surgery appointment to have my bunions removed from my feet. The Dr. will call me Monday to let me know the surgery date, either October 8th or 15th. I will have my left foot operated on first and will be off my feet for 1 week and healing for another 5 weeks! Then I will have the other foot done. So in my defense, I will have to really plan ahead for the holidays. Since I am already confessing my planning compulsion, I will admit I already have my stockings done for Christmas! I know, no comments on that! :)

1 comment:

Russell Fam. said...

Wow! I must really be behind the times, becasue I've only heard of doing the "Secret Santa" thing. How fun! I'm sure your girls loved that! Have a great week!

Mary