Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cardinals and a Crockpot

Andy's birthday was Sunday, so we celebrated with some friends while watching the Cardinal's game. We like to think that for his birthday, the Cardinal's sealed the deal and are now on their way to the Super Bowl. Absolutely unbelievable!!! Now he is working on a guy trip to Florida to watch the Super Bowl, what an experience that will be!

Not only did Andy get a Cardinal's win but he also received a crock pot for his birthday! Odd, I now agree, but at the time I thought it would be a good, needed gift. Here's my reasoning, for weeks he has commented that our 11 year old, dated looking, crock pot need to go and a new one was in order. Personally, I saw no need. I am totally content with the old crock pot because it has been good to us and it still works! So when we were getting ready for the party Saturday, he commented on the crock pot AGAIN. That afternoon I went to Target to pick-up a new one and a Wii sensor bar that we were missing. Later the night after church, I proudly carried in his new crock pot only to be stunned by the NEW crock pot already sitting on the counter. He had also gone out that day and bought a new crock pot. When he saw what I had bought, he hysterically started laughing and couldn't believe I bought him a crock pot for his birthday! I frankly couldn't believe that he didn't love the fact that I listened to his needs and bought him exactly what he asked for! I realize that a crock pot is so weird, but the man has everything! By the way, he also bought a Wii sensor bar!

So after a few tears of embarrassment, I took my crock pot and Wii sensor bar back today to Target. We will laugh for years to come about my lame gift and how we bought 2 crock pots and Wii sensor bars on the same day! We have been married so long, we are now thinking alike!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so hilarious! I think it was a very nice gesture on your part!