Thursday, January 1, 2009

Family Tradition

When I was a kid and my brother and I weren't getting along, my mom would make us sit in a chair together and hug. At first, we hated it, we did it out of obedience but by the time were were done with our hug sentence, we were laughing and having a great time. As we got older, my mom would make us play a game of word tennis with kind words to each other. So Sonny would start it out by telling me that my nose hairs were pretty then I would reply that I liked his teeth goober and so on. We would then continue on laughing and enjoying each other instead of trying to kill each other.

Well, since this experiment that my mom concocted seemed to work, I tried it on my girls today. Sweetie was not into this exercise at first but as I left them on the bed hugging (we were at a friend's cabin) I came back to find them laughing hysterically and tickling. By the end, they were friends just like Sonny and I are friends. Nothing is better than to have a sibling as your best friend. Today, Sweetie said that Cutie wasn't her best friends, that she is far above any best friend status. Now that made my heart melt!

Try this form of love and let me know how it works!

**As a disclaimer, if it doesn't work, I will not be responsible for any broken noses, hospital visits or therapy sessions!

No comments: