Saturday, January 10, 2009

Snow Trip and New Years



What a wonderful time we had up at our friend's cabin, we left the day after Christmas and returned on New Year's Day. First the Gentry's were up with us for 3 nights, we had a blast reconnecting and hanging out. The guys went quading a lot and I stayed in the cabin and hung with Jan since my foot was still in a boot. My kids enjoyed the older teenagers and ate up every minute with them, the teens probably went home for a vacation and sleep after entertaining my kids!

Then my parents and the Mutchler's came up to celebrate the new year. We went sledding with my parents and rang in the new year with the Jonas brother's while eating Carolyn's pizzookie and homemade ice cream, sooooo yummy!

On the way home we stopped by my family's cabin to check on it and it was covered with snow. The drive way was so snowed in that we couldn't even pull in!

Thanks Gentry's, Mutschler's, mom and dad for a great time and wonderful memories!

2 comments:

Jensen Family said...

It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time!!! I'm so glad that you got to get away, relax and have some good family time. Hopefully life is getting back to normal. Let's get together soon!

Krista said...

Your trip looks like so much fun!! :) Oh and I had my kids "hug it out" the other day & they looked at me with disbelief. Although, they attempted to see which one could squeeze each other harder. ;)