Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Elves




I love Christmas time, it's exhausting and fun all in one month! There are so many traditions that I want to pass onto my girls, so we started a new one this year, the Advent Tree. The tradition was shared at church and we decided to adopt it this year. Each day we wrote down something we could do as a family, such as drink hot cocoa and read a story, make smores, make cards, ect. So today the tree read, "Make Christmas cookies and eat 'em!" So this morning we made them, the girls rolled out the dough and stamped the cookies out. They lost interest after a few rolls and then decided to clean the house. I loved the idea! But that soon ended too and I had to clean up from their cleaning!
Tonight we had a friend and her darling girls over to frost the cookies and enjoy dinner together. My girls loved having friends over, Cutie played with her preschool friend and Sweetie loved "babysitting" as she would call it, the younger one. Once they left and we were looking at the pics, Sweetie said, "I really had fun tonight, I'm sad they had to go." Then Cutie piped in, "They are good friend, Momma!"
Some other traditions: driving around to look at Christmas lights, purchasing gifts for those in need, making a gingerbread house, and making treats for neighbors. Share your traditions in the comments!

No comments: