Saturday, December 20, 2008

Life Lessons

Note to self:
1. My cat is thirsty.
2. Don't drink out of a glass of water that have been sitting around unattended!

Obviously God is trying to teach me a few lessons these past months, so I thought I would share them with you so that you can learn from my pain and not have to experience them yourself. This is how I learned a lot of lessons as a kid, my brothers would get in trouble for things and I would make a mental note never to do that offense. It worked, I hardly got in trouble, thanks bros!

Through my 2 surgeries I have learned a few things, okay a lot of things: depend on others, ask for help (even strangers), lay down and relax, read books to be entertained and grow, let others do things their way like loading the dishwasher (at least they are loaded and clean), let the refrigerator/pantry be disorganized (it really doesn't matter), take extra time to love on my kids (they need it especially when life isn't normal), trust in others, rely on others, have friends drive me to grocery shop, shop at Walmart (they actually have good prices, strange folk but good prices), trust in the Dr.'s decision, trust in the nurses/Dr's integrity as you lay 1/2 naked asleep on the operating table, enjoy walking, enjoy doing the laundry and cooking after not being able to, enjoy a shower after 2 weeks of baths, enjoy walking downstairs instead of scooting on my butt or crawling upstairs, rely on friends to pick-up/drop-off my precious cargo to school, and most importantly - that no matter what you're going through, God wants your attention and wants to teach you something.

Thank you God for continuing to heal my feet. Thank you for providing the support and love of family and friends. Thank you for all the lessons, tears, pain and joy that I have overcome through your strength each day.

Thank you friends for all your help and prayers. I feel blessed to know each of you and very loved. The weeks of meals that were provided were outstanding and such an amazing outpouring of love. I owe each of you ten times over!

An especially BIG THANK YOU to my momma. She was incredible through this whole ordeal. Putting up with my crazy, structured, over-organized life, you did terrific. Last night I took her to the Michael W. Smith concert as a thank you, we had a blast. I love ya momma!

No comments: