Sunday, July 27, 2008

Cabin Fever


As a kid, one of my favorite things to do during the summer was to go up to the cabin. It was a time to get down and dirty but also get inside and get cleaned up. I loved going down to the pond and fish for crawdads. So, to my delight when we took the quads to the meadow area, we found crawdads in the little stream! My girls freaked out! I had to show them, and my husband, that I did catch these little critters! So when we caught a good sized one, I showed the fam how to pick one up. I think the forest awoke to shrill screaming, it was so fun!

It was an action packed 2 day trip that was filled with many fun memories. We are headed back up in 2 weeks for a few more days. I love getting out of the heat and hopefully we'll get some rain so we can go riding through the muddy puddles!



No comments: