Tuesday, July 15, 2008

We Got Caught!!

Andy hasn't been feeling good the last few days, so when he was still asleep this morning at 8am I figured he was down for the 8 count.  I called E and broke the news, play date could be off or relocated.  But to my surprise he arose from the dark and headed into work on the motorcycle, making a loud exit.  I immediately called E and let her know that, "Andy has left the building!"  Play date is back on!

So we were hanging and figured we could use a few more kids so we called another neighbor, C, to come play too.  I thought I was being cleaver by bringing out a couple craft projects to keep the kids busy but they resorted to having a boys vs. girl fight upstairs.  During this commotion, the ladies and I ate our lunch downstairs in peace just hoping that the roof above us wouldn't cave in.  E was a bit concerned!  We then fed the monkeys and then broke out the dessert.  Stuffing our faces with pieces too big for our bellies, our excuse was to help E clean out her dish, we ate dessert in peace as the kids watched Tom and Jerry!  

Then it happened!!  I heard the motorcycle!!  The ladies dashed up, yelled for the kids and they started to make their exit.  Andy came in wondering why everyone was scrambling.  I later explained to him the unpublished rule, "When a husband comes home, your lady guests must immediately leave."  He responded, "What is this Leave It To Beaver?"  So ladies, have no fear we have a new rule, Andy is okay with us having a play date, messing up his house, and enjoying dessert as long as his little wifey is happy.

RULE: Play dates are permitted, if husband comes home unexpectedly, resume play unless he has other ulterior motives for coming home early.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know husbands came home early WITHOUT alternative motives!

Ha ha!!

Heidi