Monday, July 28, 2008

Lake Pleasant-Not so pleasant!





We were invited out to the lake with some friends Friday night and we had a blast.  I haven't been to the lake very often so I didn't realize how much fun we could have on the lake!  At first I was a little timid about the girls falling off or something but once we all started swimming around in the lake I realized how much the life jackets kept you afloat!  I did have to keep reminding myself not to think about what I was swimming in, if you think about it, it is pretty gross!  I came home and took a shower and bath to cleanse myself from the fish poop water.  The most amazing part was riding the inner tube with Andy, I haven't screamed and laughed like that in a LONG time!  What a blast!!  Then C and I went and the guys were trying to fling us off the inner tube, like warriors we stayed on! :)  When it was the guys turn, C was driving and flipped her husband off the tube, it was hilarious!  

Towards the north there was a pretty dark storm forming.   K said we better start heading in, but we were having too much fun!  The kids wanted another ride on the tube and we kept playing.  Finally, as the storm got closer we headed in.  As we approached the dock, the wind was really bad.  Now we see almost everyone getting off the lake, so it started getting crowded at the boat ramp and the water was terribly choppy.  I felt like we were in the movie, A Perfect Storm.  I was dropped off at the dock with the 4 kids, at this point I started praying because it was a bit scary!  The kids were a little freaked and we all wanted to get the boat loaded and get out of there.  Obviously, they did but from now on we'll trust K when he says it's time to get off the lake!  Another lesson, Lake Pleasant can be not so pleasant!

No comments: